The Secret Ingredients of Juice
Fruit and vegetables are part of a healthy, balanced diet and it’s important that we eat enough of them.
Evidence shows there are significant health benefits to getting at least five 80g portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day – that’s five portions of fruit and vegetables in total, not five portions of each (although there’s no harm in overloading!).
The 5 A DAY campaign is based on advice from the World Health Organization, which recommends eating a minimum of 400g of fruit and vegetables a day to lower the risk of serious health problems, such as heart disease, stroke and some cancers.
One of the best ways to ensure that you are receiving a good dose of essential fibres, vitamins and minerals is to combine them into a nutritious juice.
Here are the core ingredients of our stimulating range of JU-ICE-IT products.
- Apples are rich in vitamin A, B1 B2 B6 C folate and E and the minerals calcium, magnesium, iron, selenium. Soluble fibre called pectin is found in large amounts of apples and helps to soothe and clean the colon. They are also a natural anti-histamine.
- contain essential fatty acids in omega oil form, which help to promote excellent skin. Avocado is a true superfood that contains all six human nutritional needs in abundance – water, fat, protein, natural sugar, vitamins and minerals.
- Bananas are a good source of potassium and phosphorus and an excellent source of amino acids which help to build strong bones and nails. Bananas also contain fructose, sucrose and glucose and gives an instant boost of energy with a sustained and controlled release of sugar.
- Beetroot is one of nature’s finest blood builders and cleansers.
- Broccoli is king of the cruciferous vegetable and the answer to vitamin D deficiency. It also contains oestrogen which is great for treating symptoms of the menopause.
- Carrots are a great source of beta-carotene with provitamin A. It is believed to be important for eyesight and skin and can help cleanse the liver, which is great for a post-alcohol detox.
- Celery is an excellent body cleanser which helps flush the body of carbon dioxide and extremely calming for the nervous system.
- Cucumber rejuvenates muscles and the diuretic is also superb for getting back plasticity to the skin.
- Fennel is widely associated with detoxification. It is an excellent cleanser for the digestive system and can also be used to suppress an over-enthusiastic appetite.
- Ginger is rich in vitamins C and B6 and is a natural antibiotic, decongestant and anti- histamine. It stimulates circulation, soothes the stomach and helps with congestion, sinus problems, hay fever, rheumatoid arthritism gastrointestinal stress and nausea.
- Kale has an excellent and mineral profile and triggers the liver to produce enzymes to detoxify chemicals.
- Lemons are beneficial for people with hypoglycaemia due to the high levels of magnesium. They also help to eliminate toxins and neutralise harmful bacteria.
- Limes are rich in potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, selenium and zinc. The acid scours the intestinal tract eliminating toxins and neutralising harmful bacteria.
- Mint contains oils, flavonoids and menthol which helps to flush and soothe the digestive system.
- Pears are a source of pectin which helps to cleanse the subcutaneous tissues and improve tissue functions so it is a useful addition to any detoxification programme. Pears also contain a lot of soluble fibre like apples, making them good for the bowels and digestive tract.
- Pineapple is rich in BCE folate, which has the amazing ability to clear mucus, and its natural proteolytic enzyme, bromelain, helps to digest protein.
- Spinach juice can help heal the lining of the intestinal tract.
- Turmeric contains curcumin as the main ingredient which is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Studies show certain enzymes can also regulate blood fat levels, digestion and blood pressure. An anti-inflammatory, it’s excellent for arthritis sufferers.
- Wheatgrass contains chlorophyll, a phenomenal health-promoting nutrient and powerful blood builder. A potent source of enzymes, wheatgrass has been found to cleanse, oxygenate and build the blood, reduce high blood pressure, fight infections, detox and regenerate the liver, improve skin, build muscle and endurance.